Join the Celebrate Differences 5K Fun Run 2015 4/26 | Oswego, IL #Discount

Last week I told you about how I was partnering with Champions for Kids to donate snacks for students. I was supposed to choose a local organization to have these snacks donated to and I chose Celebrate Differences in Oswego, IL (my hometown), which is a disabilities awareness center. This was my first chance to work with Celebrate Differences and since working with them with this campaign, I found out they have an upcoming 5K fun run 2015 coming in April that I hope my whole family can participate to celebrate everyone’s differences… and I hope you can YOU can join us too! If you live in the Chicago area, head on over to Oswego on April 26th and join the Celebrate Differences 5K Fun Run 2015 !

Join the Celebrate Differences 5K on April 26th | Oswego, IL #Discount

Celebrate Differences

Celebrate Differences is an all-inclusive Disability Awareness Center, welcoming all children and their families regardless of age or disability. They offer services – such as informative monthly workshops, sib shops, resource library, annual summer and holiday party, Next Chapter book club, play groups, Autism and Down syndrome support group and much MORE! Celebrate Differences connects families through outreach projects, our social activities and social networking. I chose Celebrate Differences because my 2 year old son has Down Syndrome and we are lucky enough to have Celebrate Differences right here in our own hometown.

Join the Celebrate Differences 5K on April 26th | Oswego, IL #Discount

cd3

Celebrate Differences 5K

Celebrate Differences is hosting the fourth annual Steps Toward A Brighter Future 5K Run/Walk, Mile for Smiles and a Kid’s Fun Run on Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 9:00am through the heart of downtown Oswego, Illinois. New this year is a “Zero” Fun Run, for those who prefer to watch! This event is for racers, runners and walkers.

Our 5 K and Mile for Smiles are races open to all abilities, from the avid runner to families. Participants can run or walk the route. By participating you are making a difference in the life of a child with a disability! Our Kid’s Fun Run is just that! An untimed fun run for any child wanting to participate but may not be ready to run in a mile race. New is the “Zero” Fun Run for those who want to support a great cause and still get a t-shirt!

Registration Info & Entry Fee

Registration will be available until 4:00 PM (CST) on April 23, 2015.

REGISTER HERE

Participants must register by April 12th to be guaranteed a t-shirt.

Schedule of events

• 7:30-8:30 –  Race Day Registration
  • 9:00 – 5K and Mile for Smiles Start
  • 10:00 –  Kid’s Fun Run Starts
  • 10:15 – Awards Ceremony
  • 10:30 – 50/50 Raffle Drawing
  • 11:00 – After Party at Firehouse Pizza & Pub

DISCOUNT!

Celebrate Differences is offering 75 readers a discount for registration. Use the code BLOGGER to get a $5 discount. This is good until race day for the first 75 people to use this code.

***(not good on Kid’s Fun Run or Zero Fun Run)

Connect with Celebrate Differences

Celebrate Differences – Profile from I Support Community on Vimeo.

Comments

1. This is so wonderful! Any time you can bring awareness of the fact that different doesn’t mean less, I think it’s a great thing.

2. I think this is a wonderful idea. It’s important for people to remember that those who are different deserve just as much love and respect as the rest of us!

3. Love this! Especially getting everyone together and go for a walk for a great cause

4. This is such a super idea. I try to participate in walks around here to help raise money for different charities but I haven’t seen this one here…

5. Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

I am still working up the courage to run my first 5K. This one sounds like an awesome race.

6. Hello, neighbor! I am in the NW burbs so it is so nice to come across another Chicagoland blogger. This is such a wonderful event–I would love to promote it as well. Will be tweeting this out to my followers!

7. This sounds great! I like how they have a kids run too – that is great!

8. What an awesome way to raise disability awareness. This could be a really memorable and fun family event!

9. Elizabeth O. says:

What a wonderful cause! We should celebrate our differences every day of the year! 🙂

10. michele d says:

What a wonderful cause to celebrate. If I lived closer I would be right there cheering them on.

11. What a great run for a great cause. I love raising money for causes like this.

12. Such a good cause- sounds like a great race!

13. What an amazing organization. I love 5ks that help organizations like this!

14. Lori Felix says:

what a great cause!

15. This would be a fun even. I wish I could attend. I have been meaning to attend a race like this but there’s none here in our area.

16. valerie g says:

this looks awesome!!! I love the idea, i wish i could go and help support.

17. I love 5K and this looks like a great one for a great cause! Thanks for sharing.

18. I really love this, good cause and I wish I could go there and help support.

19. I love events such as this that raise awareness for disabilities. I wish I could take part of something like, but I do donate for the causes.

20. Still time to register. It sounds like a great event to register for too!

21. I love these kinds of things! We have one in our area every year. I always try to participate.

22. I wish they had something like this in my area. My daughter’s school always has a walk to raise awareness that I participate in.

23. Ann Bacciaglia says:

This is such a great walk. I will have to see when there will be one in my area so i can participate.

24. Bonnie @ wemake7 says:

What an awesome way to give back. This is totally great to do. Would love to do this 5k.

25. CourtneyLynne says:

wbat a great cause!!! I wish I was a runner because they have a lot of these in the summer where I live but I just don’t have it in me to attend lol…

26. Victoria says:

What a great cause and I love when children are included

27. What a wonderful cause! My kids would love join in on something like this!

28. What a wonderful cause for a 5K! Thanks for sharing!!!

29. I have never participated in a marathon. Maybe someday, though!

30. This sounds like a wonderful event! It would be great to attend.

31. I love doing 5ks to support others. It’s a good way to get exercise while supporting a great cause!

32. I love that this is for a great cause. I want to start getting more involved in these types of events in my area.

33. I really like it when folks put an effort into helping others. This looks like a great thing. Thanks for making us aware.

34. Such a good event to have, and I love the concept of celebrating everyone’s differences. I’ve always wanted to do a 5k or a fun run with my sweetie. I did a walk for cancer awareness before, but it was in circles

35. I love doing the fun runs. Last year I did a color run and this year I want to do the Glitter run.

36. Looks like a great event. I haven’t found one comparable near where I live !

37. What a great race for a great race for a great cause! I would love to race at some point to help others.

38. It’s great that you are getting your family involved in the 5K fun run and helping a great cause at the same time!

39. How great is this? I love when they do runs for good causes.

40. How wonderful! What a great way to raise money and awareness!

41. What a great event for a great cause! I’d like to do a walk or run at some point, too!

42. What amazing awareness this race is addressing! Definitely amazing to celebrate everyone’s differences!

43. What a good community opportunity. I know we all teach our children kindness and acceptance. But when our children actually see us participating in activities like Celebrate Differences, they really see that it is important.

44. I love participating in events that celebrate how unique and different we all are. Things like this teach kindness, acceptance and love, all of which are so important to instill in our children, plus exercise!

45. This sounds like a fun run! I have some friends that would enjoy this.

46. This is such a great and important cause. Give back an have fun doing it.

47. This is a great event to join especially for those who have not tried running 5k before. I believe this fun run is safe for everyone and it will make a good difference for a good cause.

48. Debbie Denny says:

Sounds like a great event. Fantastic cause allso.

49. Such a great run/walk. I would go if I lived closer.

50. It is important to celebrate differences in everyone, those are what make us special This is a great event!

51. that’s great! thanks for sharing this cause, and have fun too 🙂

52. I have a lot of family around there, I’ll have to let them know about this! I’m sure they’d love to participate.

53. Fun. Fun. I love doing fun runs. Last year I had to sit out because of my hip and back problems. I don’t wan to do that this year so I am really trying to get my health in order so I can start doing these walks and runs again.

54. What an awesome event! I bet this would be so much fun!

55. What a great reason to celebrate and raise awareness. I am not a runner but would still get out there and put on my walking shoes for this cause.

56. We have similar walks/runs in my area to raise awareness and celebrate the cause. I have trouble with my knee and can’t run, but I do the walks when my schedule will allow. Just experiencing the comradrie is worth going to these events!

57. I love a good charity run! My brother is autistic so this run would mean a lot to my family!

58. This is so cool! I love to see people coming together like this, there ARE still GOOD and CARING people in the world!

59. I really like to participate in walks for great causes! Wish I lived closer I would be there!