This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Treats4All #CollectiveBias
The holidays are exhausting when it comes to Emma and Becca, my teens. They always want to have a party. They’ll spend hours on line trying to find fun games and food for their parties. Now that Halloween is here, they are looking for fun things to do and fun Halloween treats to make for their upcoming Halloween party. This year they decided to have some friends over and make cake pops with Halloween candy. If they turned out – the cape pops will be included in their party.
We headed out to the Walmart to buy pizzas and ingredients!
DiGiorno Original Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza was first on our list… it’s everyone’s favorite.
Next on our list was to find Wonka Mix Ups or Wonka Kiddie Carnival Chewy Mix. This was tough! We went up and down the Halloween candy lanes and found one of these in one section and the other in another section. One of them was in the regular candy area and the other was in the Halloween section.
The girls could not make up their mind on which candy they wanted to use on the cake pops so we ended up getting both. They wanted to use the nerds, sprees, bottle caps and sweet tarts and crush them and use as decoration.
Now they were ready to make cake pops with their friends!
Here’s how to have a Halloween Cake Pop Party!
- Cake already made OR make one yourself
- Meltable chocolate
- Cake pop sticks
- Toppings (We used Wonka Mix Ups and Wonka Kiddie Carnival Chewy Mix)
- Mix the whole cake in a bowl, frosting and all.
- Once mixed together, form balls.
- Put the cake balls in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- In the mean time, melt a little chocolate.
- Take cake balls out of freezer after 20 min. Dip the tip of the cake pop stick into chocolate and then put into the cake balls. Put back in freezer for a few minutes.
- While those are in the freezer, melt a big bowl of chocolate.
- Bring cake balls out and dip in chocolate and then into a topping of your choice.
- The cake pops can sit out to harden or you can put them in the fridge or freezer.
I had the cake balls made and on sticks and ready to dip once the girls all got home from school We made pizzas and the fun began! They had a blast!
Here’s how to make cake pops:
Either use a caked already baked, or make one yourself.
Add frosting, and mix all together…
Roll into cake balls.
Take out of freezer and dip sticks into chocolate and put into cake balls…
Re-freeze for a bit.
Then take out and dip in chocolate and top with candy…
The girls had so much fun hanging out, talking about their upcoming Halloween party… eating DiGiorno Original Rising Crust Pepperoni Pizza and making cake pops and eating Wonka Mix Ups and Wonka Kiddie Carnival Chewy Mix as they were decorating haha. I think making cake pops during their Halloween party is going to be fun!
Be sure to pick up some Wonka Mix Ups or Wonka Kiddie Carnival Chewy Mix candy! Laffy Taffy, Spree’s, Sweet Tarts, Nerds and more… you can’t go wrong!
What is your favorite Halloween Candy?