I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting #MC for Sprint #SprintMom.
I received a sample device to facilitate this review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Back in July, I finally gave up. I gave up feeling like crap. I put my foot down and decided to get healthy. I made a few big changes and a few small changes. I started these changes mid-July and as of this moment, I have dropped 20 lbs.
How My Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport Has Helped Me Lose Weight
I’m one of those people who has to have everything charted somewhere. I have weekly therapy appointments for Jack and blog posts that are due almost every single day of the week and I can’t function and get these out on time without jotting it all down in my notebook. I also have the dates and deadlines in my calendar on my phone and I get an alert the day before. Now I’ve started using the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport to track all of my fitness activities and calorie intake. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is not just an amazing phone, but it’s an amazing fitness device too.
I run with one of my teen daughters and I bike with Mike and track it all with my phone. What’s so awesome about tracking all of my activities is that it gives me motivation. Not only to keep going, but to do better than the day before. Seeing that I biked 8 miles one day makes me want to beat that distance the next day. There are different apps you can use in the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. You can track exercise in MapMyFitness, S Health and Sprint Activity Zone.
I’ve had the chance to take advantage of MapMyFitness, the Sprint Activity Zone and the S Health app over the past few weeks. This phone and these apps have kept me on track! I’ve managed to drop 20 lbs. and that leaves me with only 10 more to go!
Check Out the Specs On The Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport
- -Sprint Spark™, a unique combination of advanced network capabilities built for data delivering peak wireless speeds of 60Mbps today on capable devices.
- -Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
- -2.5GHz quad-core processor (Qualcomm®Snapdragon® MSM8974AB chipset)
- -Sprint Fit LiveSM delivers instant access to favorite health and activity apps from the active wallpaper or the full screen experience to tailor workouts, music and healthy living content to fitness interests and routine.
- -MapMyFitness uses GPS to track all fitness activities, and records workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned and route traveled on an interactive map.
- -Activity Zone offers the ability to open active lifestyle features, including a Barometer, Compass, Flashlight and Stopwatch, from a single screen.
- -S Health™, an integrated mobile health platform to access health info, map out your workouts and make healthier eating choices, even measure your heart rate when touching the back of Galaxy S 5 Sport.
- -Multi Window™ allows users to seamlessly toggle between applications without closing a window or opening a new page.
- -Quick Connect defaults to the best technology to share your content, send files, share your screen or control nearby devices.
- -NFC (near field communication) allowing the device to read information from everyday objects, such as stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips, or for use as a mobile wallet to make secure purchases.
- -IP67 water and dust resistant
- -Textured body for increased grip and three hard keys for easier navigation when active
- -Dual Cameras: 16-megapixel rear-facing Phase Detection Auto Focus camera with Zero Shutter Lag, flash and video capture, and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording at 30fps
- -Studio, a complete photo and video editing suite
- -Samsung Smart Remote simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With Smart Remote and the built-in IR blaster, Galaxy S 5 Sport functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
- -Air View™ lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview
More of My Thoughts:
I am infatuated with my Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. I’m seriously addicted to the fitness features and use it every chance I get. I had already made the decision to get into shape and had been on the right track a few weeks before I got the phone in the mail to test out. I did have a fitness tracker app on my other Galaxy phone which was just fine. But being a #SprintMom, I had to test out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport and I’ve found that it has so much more to offer.
I can turn on MapMyFitness app and track my runs and biking. Even if we walk around town, I’ll use it. We recently went to the zoo and I used it there too.
I also like the S Health app. It has a pedometer that continuously runs. At the end of the day I can peek at it to see how many steps I have taken throughout the day. When I see that I’ve taken less steps one day, I know I need to make it up by getting a run in or I’ll try to do better the next day.
I also love that I can have my heart rate tracked through S Health. You put your finger on the sensor on the back of the phone and it reads your heart rate. This is perfect for when I’m out running. I have asthma and my biggest obstacle is breathing. I could run forever – but my lungs won’t let me. This is where taking my heart rate comes in handy. I can work to get my breathing and heart rate under better control.
Another thing I’ve found very helpful is the Sprint Activity Zone. In the Activity Zone I can check the barometer, use the compass, flashlight and stopwatch. The flashlight has REALLY come in handy. I have a mount on my bike handles for my phone and I’ve turned on the flashlight when we are out biking past dark. I am able to adjust the brightness and the blinking speed of the light. It’s perfect for staying safe in the dark.
One more thing I like about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport is the physical aspects of the phone. It has a textured backing for a better grip when I’m sweating and three hard keys which makes this phone easy to handle while running or biking. It is also water resistant in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes. I’ve actually been caught in a storm recently while biking so it was nice to know that my phone was safe from the rain.
If you’re an active person who likes tracking fitness activities, food and calorie intake and more, you have to consider the Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport. I have to say, this phone has contributed to my 20 lbs. loss.
If you get around t it, ADD me on RunKeeper or on MapMyFitness I’m Danielle Bishop.
What fitness apps are your ‘go-to’ fitness apps?