I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Banana Boat® Sun Care.
I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Summer time is our favorite time of year and we practically live in the water. Whether it’s the local pool, the big waterpark or the splash pad – we’re there! Unfortunately, we’ve gotten a few sunburns this year. Remembering to put on sunscreen is half of the problem and the other problem is remembering to re-apply it. Why is it so hard for us to remember to head back to our chairs and re-apply? We’re caught up in our day, we’re caught up on the next big slide… and sunscreen is the farthest from our minds.
Here are some ideas to keep in mind so you don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Keep sunscreen in the bag! Keep it in your purse or diaper bag or beach bag so it’s with you no matter where you go!
- Keep sunscreen in your car. I have a bag of ‘extras’ in the back of the car ‘just in case’ and one of those items is a bottle of sunscreen.
- Sunscreen usually needs to be reapplied after about 80 min. I try to plan it out. When we hit the very first slide, I check out the wait. If it takes us 20 min. to get down a slide, then I know we have time for about 4 slides and we better head back to re-apply the sunscreen.
- Don’t let the shade fool you. I see the shady weather and I get lazy. Apply the sunscreen even if it’s shady outside! If you’ll notice in the photos above, it was gloomy and sometimes dark and about to rain. 3 of my kids ended up with sunburn because we didn’t re-apply when we should have. I actually remembered but thought to myself, “Nah, it will be okay, it’s gloomy”. Big mistake.
Banana Boat® Sport Performance® Clear UltraMist® Sunscreen with Powerstay TechnologyTM
This sunscreen was specifically designed for the sport enthusiast who’s active and who doesn’t want to slow down while they’re out in the sun. Powerstay TechnologyTM is the Banana Boat’s latest innovation, which helps sunscreen stay on strong throughout all outdoor activities. This new formula has a light-weigh feel compared to the original formula and it even provides a better application. I love that it sprays on clear.
- Available in SPF 15, SPF 30, SPF 50, and SPF 100
- Broad Spectrum UVA and UVB Protection
- Water Resistant (80 Minutes)
- Lightweight, non-greasy, quick-absorbing formula
- Won’t run into eyes
- Fresh scent
- 6oz. UltraMist® spray can
- Twist ‘n Lock Spray, No Cap!
- SPF 100 blocks against 96% of UVA/UVB rays
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
Summer Fun Prizes with the Best Summer Ever Sweepstakes!
The Best Summer Ever sweepstakes gives families a chance to win summer fun prizes, including the grand prize – a family trip to a Treehouse Resort. Sign up at the Banana Boat® Facebook page to find out more!
Banana Boat® sunscreen is also teaming up with actress and mother of two, Busy Philipps, to bring moms and their families the tips, tools and fun prizes they need to have the Best Summer Ever (#BBBestSummer)
How do you remember to use sunscreen or to re-apply?