I received our registration in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Well, I’ve managed to keep the girls pretty active this summer… despite Emma’s knee injuries. Becca has been joining me in the color runs and hopefully a few more fun runs before the year is over. This time it’s Austin’s turn! He hasn’t participated in anything with us so this time, I snagged him to join me in the BADASS Dash™ and I really think he’s going to have a great time. Gracie has been participating in all of the color runs and she told me she wants to do this BADASS Dash™ too! Yep, my 5 year old is BADASS!
Have You Heard of BADASS Dash™?
BADASS Dash™ is a world-wide Obstacle Course Challenge and Adventure Race series that benefits Autism Speaks – an organization dedicated to funding global biomedical research into the causes, prevention, treatments, and cure for autism. It is the belief of both BADASS Dash™ and Autism Speaks that by working together, we will find the missing pieces of the puzzle. BADASS Dash™ is committed to raising the funds necessary to support these goals as the cause is bigger than the obstacles.
About Autism Speaks and Autism Speaks Canada
Autism Speaks together with Autism Speaks Canada forms North America’s largest autism science and advocacy organization. It is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention and treatments for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visit www.autismspeaks.org or www.autismspeaks.ca.
BADASS Dash™ is Coming to Chicago!
I can not tell you how excited I was when I heard that BADASS Dash™ was coming to Chicago! Me and the girls are trying to get in as many races as we can this summer and we’re having so much fun – but the best part about this is that the girls are busy that day so Austin will be doing this with me. We’ve watched the video a few times and are totally getting stoked!
I’m so nervous though! The fun runs are easy and we’ve even walked a lot. Me and Becca have been running 4 miles each night but that’s just simple jogging – not an obstacle course! This is going to be tough!
It’s going to be BADASS!
4 Divisions – One for Everyone!
Another thing I am so excited about is Gracie participating in this. Like I said above, the other runs we’ve done are easy one’s. This is tougher and I am so excited she wants to do this considering she’s only 5 years old and she’s totally not athletic at all… she’s SUCH a girly-girl. And the cool thing about the BADASS Dash™ is that there are 4 divisions – one for everyone!
- ELITE DIVISION: this is for individuals who are well trained (i.e. police, firefighters, armed forces, competitive athletes).
- RECREATION DIVISION: This is for anyone from an avid racer to a weekend warrior to someone looking for a new personal challenge, is geared toward those who are not specifically trained in Obstacle Course Challenges or Adventure Races but want to set a goal on the finish line and then achieve it.
- K9 COMPANION DIVISION: Participants can bring their canines to take part in a race specifically designed / modified for them to compete as a team.
- KIDS DASH DIVISIION: This is for children 4 – 13 years of age. The Kids Dash for 4 – 6 years old will feature a 200-yard dash with obstacles just their size while the 7 – 13 years old get to race on a 1-mile course with a mixture of adult and kids obstacles.
BADASS Dash™ DISCOUNT!
The awesome folks at the BADASS Dash™ are offering my readers a $15 discount off of individual registration with the code: WEHAVEITALL
Connect with BADASS Dash™
- You can visit the BADASS Dash™ website. Take a peek around, check out the videos and all the different obstacles.
- Find an event near you!
- You can find BADASS Dash™ on Facebook
- Follow BADASS Dash™ on Twitter @TheBADASSdash
- Find the #BADASSdash hashtag on Instagram or Twitter or even post your own pictures if you’re participating in a BADASS Dash™ event!
Have you ever participated in BADASS Dash™ or any other obstacle course challenge?
If so, TELL ME! I want to hear all about it!