I participated in an Ambassador Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Banana Boat® Sun Care.
I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
We’ve been pretty active this month, despite the weather. It’s 50/50 here in the Chicago area. Half the time it’s pretty nice and warm, but the other half of the time it’s been on the chilly side. We’ve been planning a lot of activities but if it includes hanging out in the water, we’ve needed to reschedule a few days already. Today for example, we had planned on hitting the pool but it didn’t warm up until the very end of the day. We have been able to stay pretty active this month though, even on the cooler days. We’ve gotten in a few color runs, hit the zoo a couple times, we’ve done a LOT of biking and we’ve even camped a couple times. Our “Best Summer Ever” activity is the beach! We live less than an hour from downtown Chicago and the beaches and we’re having a blast in the sand. We One thing that is really important to remember – even in the cloudy weather you need sunscreen. The worst sunburns I have ever gotten have been in the cloudy weather.
How Do You Have The Best Summer Ever?
Here are some tips for having the Best Summer Ever!
- Plan or Don’t Plan, but Don’t Fuss! We’re the ‘go with the flow’-type of family. Sometimes we plan our days out but most of the time we wake up, grab breakfast and one of us will say, “hey, it’s a really nice day for the zoo!” – and that’s it, we’re GONE! So regardless of if you plan ahead or not, pack a bag and go. No need to fuss about it.
- Pack water bottles and snacks that can take the heat. That way, no matter where you end up, you will have a little something to hold you over. We like crackers, gold fish, pretzels.
- Pack a towel for everyone and a big blanket. That way if you find a splash park or a beach, you have no worries.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen! Even if the forecast calls for a cloudy and cool day – you can still burn! I usually throw a few bottles of Banana Boat® sunscreen in our bag. One for the little’s, one for the older kids and one for Mike. I don’t know about you… but I always seem to forget about Dad, until it’s too late and his head is burned or the tops of his feet are burned.
Don’t Forget Dad! Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men.
Yep. I’m guilty! I always forget about Mike because I’m always worried about the kids. But Mike shaves his head and the very top of his head is bald so he usually burns once or twice before he tans. The tops of his feet will burn too. He also has a farmers tan so when he takes his shirt off – he’s white as a ghost! He really needs to be careful and that’s why we’re happy to have Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men.
Did you know that Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men is the first Banana Boat® sunscreen portfolio designed specifically for men? That’s right – and do you know why? It’s because in 2012 The Skin Cancer Foundation did a survey that revealed that men over age 50 are more than twice as likely as women to develop skin cancer, yet only 51 percent of men in the U.S. admitted to using sunscreen in the past 12 months. Men were also found to be less knowledgeable than women about the proper methods to protect themselves against sun exposure and skin cancer. I’m not surprised, Mike really has no concern for this stuff.
Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men Features:
- Contains ActiveProtect Technology, and provides heavy-duty broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection which kicks in and stays strong when the sun’s rays are most intense.
- Light-Weight Formula
- Combats Odor, even while sweating.
- Hydrates the skin.
- Ideal for active males who want strong sun protection and the freedom to enjoy their active lifestyles.
- Banana Boat® Triple Defense Sunscreen for Men Lotion and Clear UltraMist® is available in SPF 30 and 50+.
Summer Fun Prizes with the Best Summer Ever Sweepstakes!
The Best Summer Ever sweepstakes gives families a chance to win summer fun prizes, including the grand prize – a family trip to a Treehouse Resort. Sign up at the Banana Boat® Facebook page to find out more!
So head over to the Banana Boat® Facebook page or visit Banana Boat® on Instagram @BananaBoatBrand. Be sure to follow along with the #BBBestSummerEver hashtag and post your Best Summer Ever photos too!
What are your favorite summer activities?
Do you remember sunscreen for Dad?