Welcome to Fitness Friday!
Fitness Friday will be a weekly post where we can all write an update on how our week went concerning diet changes, exercise, weight loss or inches lost, our achievements for the week and our failures. It will also include our goals for the following week.
Each Fitness Friday post will include a linky. Everyone is welcome to link up their blog, just write a post and share anything you are comfortable sharing. We’d love if you would share our Fitness Friday Button (the code is on the right sidebar). We are looking forward to stopping by your blog to show you some love and encouragement. Not a blogger? That’s okay, just share your progress in the comment section below the post and we will still show you the same love and encouragement by replying to your comment.
I’ve had a really boring week – but I feel great. I only workout at the gym 3 times but the good news is our weather finally looks good which means we get to go outside for walks and runs again! We walked twice this week and I’m SO HAPPY to be out there again. We have an awesome bike path along the river, it’s so great just to be out again. We have had a couple of 50 and 60 degree days this week – YAY! I’m looking forward to getting on Run Keeper to see how far we’re going.
Oh and I finally got my juicer that I’ve always wanted so we drank a TON of drinks this week. Mostly berries, apples, pineapple. YUM! I snuck in some carrots and spinach to a few drinks and even tricked the kids. Well, Emma didn’t fall for it. She knew there was carrots in the one drink and refused to drink it.
I want to remind everyone about the discounts I have for tickets to these 5K’s coming up:
I know I’ve shared our workout plan in the previous posts, but I will share it again for anyone who wants to know what we are doing at the gym.
Here is our workout plan:
Our Workout Plan (with the girls):
- Day 1: lower body
- Day 2: chest and back
- Day 3: shoulders and arms.
- Each day we will be doing cardio and abs and triceps.
So here’s a quick run-down of my week:
- Diet: Eating has been about the same. I drank hardly any pop and a lot more water so I’m pretty happy about that. I ate a salad every day instead of a regular meal and that seemed to work pretty good for me. It filled me up and I was craving salads this week. I’ve been eating egg white muffins with sausage, green & red peppers, onion and cheese (50 calories each) for breakfast and later on if I’m wanting to snack.
- Activity: I worked out only 3 times this week. I only went 2 miles on those days and I only did abs and leg exercises. I really need to get going on the whole body workouts now.
- Weight: (Same as before…) I started at 178 and was down to around 165 but I’m not weighing myself. I am really focusing on my body fat and how my clothes are fitting. My stomach is a big problem right now because I never lost any of the weight I gained while pregnant with Jack – and my stomach pouch is still here.
Next Weeks Goals:
- Diet: (Kind of the same as last week) I would like to work on less food in general – maybe smaller portions? I would like to take in more fruit, veggies and salad this week. I still want to keep track of my calories intake this week to see what I’m taking in. I’d love to get rid of the pop completely and drink much more water.
- Activity: I hope to workout each day (by myself) and up my miles to over 2 per day. I want to do at least 3 miles each day. I would like to go with the girls at least 4 times. Hopefully I will manage my time better this week.
- Weight: I am not watching the scale very much but I’d love to see my stomach come down even more this week. I’m hoping that I start to notice my jeans a little looser this week. I *think* they are getting looser but I want to *know* they are. If I do good this week, I think I might be able to drop down one size in pants (I have 2 pairs waiting)
Ready to join us?
I’d love if you linked up any kind of fitness post or even link up if you have a healthy recipe you can share. Anything at all that has to do with being healthy!