Welcome to Fitness Friday!
Fitness Friday will be a weekly post where we can all write an update on how our week went concerning diet changes, exercise, weight loss or inches lost, our achievements for the week and our failures. It will also include our goals for the following week.
Each Fitness Friday post will include a linky. Everyone is welcome to link up their blog, just write a post and share anything you are comfortable sharing. We’d love if you would share our Fitness Friday Button (the code is on the right sidebar). We are looking forward to stopping by your blog to show you some love and encouragement. Not a blogger? That’s okay, just share your progress in the comment section below the post and we will still show you the same love and encouragement by replying to your comment.
We all seem to be getting better but just kind of dragging and recooping so I didn’t workout with the girls at all in the evenings this week. I just went by myself during the daytime, which I really liked.
I wrote about how I will be doing The Color Run in June with Emma and Becca… well we’re now signed up for Run or Dye. We’re doing both in Chicago and I think we might be doing another color run in Aurora, IL too. We’ll see. Anyway, I have coupon codes to save on tickets if you’re interested in signing up – these runs are in most big cities.
I know I’ve shared our workout plan in the previous posts, but I will share it again for anyone who wants to know what we are doing at the gym.
Here is our workout plan:
Our Workout Plan (with the girls):
- Day 1: lower body
- Day 2: chest and back
- Day 3: shoulders and arms.
- Each day we will be doing cardio and abs and triceps.
So here’s a quick run-down of my week:
- Diet: Eating has been about the same. I drank hardly any pop and a lot more water so I’m pretty happy about that. I ate a salad every day instead of a regular meal and that seemed to work pretty good for me. It filled me up and I was craving salads this week. I also made a week’s batch of my egg white muffins. I added sausage, green and red bell peppers, onion and a little cheese. Each egg muffin was about 55 calories and I ate 2 for breakfast each day and one later on when I wanted to eat something, but didn’t know what I wanted.
- Activity: I worked out only 3 times this week. I only went 1.5 to 2 miles on those days and I only did abs and leg exercises.
- Weight: (Same as before…) I started at 178 and was down to around 165 but I’m not weighing myself. I stepped on the scale last Sunday. I am really focusing on my body fat and how my clothes are fitting. My stomach is a big problem right now because I never lost any of the weight I gained while pregnant with Jack – and my stomach pouch is still here. Last week I noticed it was MUCH less fatty so I am very excited about that. I can *FINALLY* see a little improvement! That a great way for me to stay motivated to keep going.
Next Weeks Goals:
- Diet: (Kind of the same as last week) I would like to work on less food in general – maybe smaller portions? I would like to take in more fruit, veggies and salad this week. I would like to keep track of my calories intake this week to see what I’m taking in. I’d love to get rid of the pop completely and drink much more water. I didn’t keep track of my calories this week very well but I tried to estimate and I was keeping well under 1200 so I’d like to keep better track next week.
- Activity: I hope to workout each day (by myself) and up my miles to over 2 per day. I want to do at least 3 miles each day. I would like to go with the girls at least 4 times. Hopefully I will manage my time better this week.
- Weight: I am not watching the scale very much but I’d love to see my stomach come down even more this week. I’m hoping that I start to notice my jeans a little looser this week. I *think* they are getting looser but I want to *know* they are.
Ready to join us?
I’d love if you linked up any kind of fitness post or even link up if you have a healthy recipe you can share. Anything at all that has to do with being healthy!
How did your fitness journey go this week?
Do you have a fun exercise to share?
Do you have a healthy recipe? (By the way… I’m looking for some healthy smoothie recipes and juicing recipes!)