A big thanks to our friends at Ragú for hosting this conversation!
I’ve said before that I only make about three dinners per week because I make enough for leftovers… well today was one of those days! I usually plan out my week and wake up in the morning and know what we’re having for dinner. Today I didn’t. I looked around my kitchen and couldn’t figure out what to make, nor did I have the time.
As I looked around, I saw Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce and a couple boxes of lasagna noodles and I KNEW what we were having for dinner! Pizza lasagna in the slow cooker! It’s inspired by the Ragú No-Boil Lasagna Recipe.
I mostly decided to make this because the kids LOVE pizza casserole (but I only had lasagna noodles) and also because this recipe is a no-boil lasagna recipe since it’s in the slow cooker. That’s a win-win in my book!
Slow Cooker Pizza Lasagna Ingredients
Here is a list of the must-have ingredients:
- 1 to 1.5 lbs. lasagna noodles
- 32 oz. Ricotta Cheese (I used a little more)
- 3+ Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Jars of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
As for your pizza toppings – that’s up to you! I used:
- 1 lbs. Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Cups Pepperoni
- a ton of garlic (about 2 cloves per layer because we’re crazy like that)
Slow Cooker Pizza Lasagna Instructions:
- I browned the Italian Sausage first and I used the grease to coat the inside of the slow cooker.
- In a bowl I mixed the Ricotta Cheese, 4 Eggs, 3 Cups of Mozzarella Cheese and about 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese together.
- I layered the slow cooker just like you would any other lasagna dish… I started with Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce, noodle layer (not boiled), sausage, pepperoni, cheese mixture… repeat.
- The final layer I ended with Ragú® and let cook for about 4 hours.
- When we were ready to eat, I sprinkled about 1/2 cup of Parmesan Cheese on the top and then topped off with a yummy layer of Mozzarella Cheese and let melt.
This all took about 20 minutes to prepare and it was off to be slow-cooked. I LOVE this recipe!
Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
Did you know that each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 juicy tomatoes making it its richest, thickest recipe? That’s one of the reasons I use it!
If you’d like to find more easy and delicious Authentic Italian recipe ideas, visit Ragú on Facebook!
Be sure to enter the Ragú Sweepstakes for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Italy for a family of four!