Welcome to Fitness Friday!
Fitness Friday will be a weekly post where we can all write an update on how our week went concerning diet changes, exercise, weight loss or inches lost, our achievements for the week and our failures. It will also include our goals for the following week.
Each Fitness Friday post will include a linky. Everyone is welcome to link up their blog, just write a post and share anything you are comfortable sharing. We’d love if you would share our Fitness Friday Button (the code is on the right sidebar). We are looking forward to stopping by your blog to show you some love and encouragement. Not a blogger? That’s okay, just share your progress in the comment section below the post and we will still show you the same love and encouragement by replying to your comment.
We’ve all been a bit under the weather this week so once again, things have been a little slow. I’m guessing the weather weather will be warming up a bit now so I’m sure we’ll all get back to our normal selves and get a move on with this ‘fitness thing’.
One thing that has changed last week was that Mike and I came up with a new plan. Since it seems that evenings are not working out as I want them to I decided to start going to the gym during the daytime for myself only. Then when I do go at night with the girls, I won’t care if they rush me off of the elliptical because I will already have gotten in my miles during the daytime. Great plan, huh? Well it’s actually working out pretty well. I only went twice (by myself) because of being a bit sick and dealing with other sickies – but that’s better than not at all. I still went twice with the girls too.
Here is our workout plan:
Our Workout Plan (with the girls):
- Day 1: lower body
- Day 2: chest and back
- Day 3: shoulders and arms.
- Each day we will be doing cardio and abs and triceps.
So here’s a quick run-down of my week:
- Diet: Eating has been about the same. I still haven’t been drinking as much water as I want to. It’s hard when it’s colder and when I’m not feeling great. I tend to stick with coffee.
- Activity: I worked out twice alone and twice with the girls.
- Weight: (Same as before…) I started at 178 and was down to around 165 but I’m not weighing myself. I stepped on the scale last Sunday. I am really focusing on my body fat and how my clothes are fitting. My stomach is a big problem right now because I never lost any of the weight I gained while pregnant with Jack – and my stomach pouch is still here. Last week I noticed it was MUCH less fatty so I am very excited about that. I can *FINALLY* see a little improvement! That a great way for me to stay motivated to keep going.
Next Weeks Goals:
- Diet: I would like to work on less food in general – maybe smaller portions? I would like to take in more fruit, veggies and salad this week. I would like to keep track of my calories intake this week to see what I’m taking in. I’d love to get rid of the pop completely and drink much more water.
- Activity: I hope to workout each day (by myself) and up my miles to over 2 per day. I would like to go with the girls at least 4 times. Hopefully I will manage my time better this week.
- Weight: I am not watching the scale very much but I’d love to see my stomach come down even more this week. I’m hoping that I start to notice my jeans a little looser this week. I *think* they are getting looser but I want to *know* they are.
Ready to join us?
I’d love if you linked up any kind of fitness post or even link up if you have a healthy recipe you can share. Anything at all that has to do with being healthy!