Welcome to Fitness Friday!
I’ve been so wrapped up in getting ready for World Down Syndrome Day today that I let Fitness Friday slip my mind! Oops!
Let’s get started…
Fitness Friday will be a weekly post where we can all write an update on how our week went concerning diet changes, exercise, weight loss or inches lost, our achievements for the week and our failures. It will also include our goals for the following week.
Each Fitness Friday post will include a linky. Everyone is welcome to link up their blog, just write a post and share anything you are comfortable sharing. We’d love if you would share our Fitness Friday Button (the code is on the right sidebar). We are looking forward to stopping by your blog to show you some love and encouragement. Not a blogger? That’s okay, just share your progress in the comment section below the post and we will still show you the same love and encouragement by replying to your comment.
Well, this week has been a little blah. My daycare boy got us all a little sick. Luckily we never got full-blown colds but it still managed to run us down a bit. Me and the girls were feeling a little yucky and extra tired so we only went to the gym 3 times and only ran a mile each day. It felt good to get there and I’m happy we were able to do *something* even though we weren’t up to it.
One thing that has changed this week – Mike and I came up with a plan. Since it seems that evenings are not working out as I want them to (remember last week I complained that it’s hard to time things perfectly with Jack, and then the girls rush me and are whimpy, and Mike was also bothering me to come home)… I decided to start going to the gym during the daytime for myself only. Then when I do go at night with the girls, I won’t care if they rush me off of the elliptical because I will already have gotten in my miles during the daytime. Great plan, huh?
Since we didn’t go every single day, I wasn’t able to stick to the workout plan I wanted:
Our Workout Plan (with the girls):
- Day 1: lower body
- Day 2: chest and back
- Day 3: shoulders and arms.
- Each day we will be doing cardio and abs and triceps.
So here’s a quick run-down of my week:
- Diet: Eating has been about the same. I did have a little bit of pop but I drank less water. Probably because I wasn’t feeling that great. I tend to stick with coffee and nothing else when I don’t feel good. I wanted to keep track of my calories this week but I didn’t.
- Activity: We worked out only a few times and they were easy workouts.
- Weight: I started at 178 and was down to around 165 but I’m not weighing myself. I stepped on the scale last Sunday. I am really focusing on my body fat and how my clothes are fitting. My stomach is a big problem right now because I never lost any of the weight I gained while pregnant with Jack – and my stomach pouch is still here. Last week I noticed it was MUCH less fatty so I am very excited about that. I can *FINALLY* see a little improvement! That a great way for me to stay motivated to keep going.
Next Weeks Goals:
- Diet: I would like to work on less food in general – maybe smaller portions? I would like to keep track of my calories intake this week to see what I’m taking in. I’d love to get rid of the pop and drink much more water.
- Activity: I hope to workout each day and up my miles to over 2 per day. Hopefully I will manage my time better this week.
- Weight: I am not watching the scale very much but I’d love to see my stomach come down even more this week. I’m hoping that I start to notice my jeans a little looser this week. I *think* they are getting looser but I want to *know* they are.
Ready to join us?
I’d love if you linked up any kind of fitness post or even link up if you have a healthy recipe you can share. Anything at all that has to do with being healthy!
How did your fitness journey go this week?
Do you have a fun exercise to share?
Do you have a healthy recipe? (By the way… I’m looking for some healthy smoothie recipes!)