Welcome to Fitness Friday 2014!
I’m teaming up with Trista from Anderson’s Angels to bring you Fitness Friday. Fitness Friday will be a weekly post where we can all write an update on how our week went concerning diet changes, exercise, weight loss or inches lost, our achievements for the week and our failures. It will also include our goals for the following week.
Each Fitness Friday post will include a linky. Everyone is welcome to link up their blog, just write a post and share anything you are comfortable sharing. We’d love if you would share our Fitness Friday Button (the code is on the right sidebar). We are looking forward to stopping by your blog to show you some love and encouragement. Not a blogger? That’s okay, just share your progress in the comment section below the post and we will still show you the same love and encouragement by replying to your comment.
Ahh… I’m SO SORRY that this post is so late… I was late last week too and didn’t post til late Friday. I PROMISE I will start scheduling these posts for Thursday night so you all can link up on time.
As for me, it was another busy week and the story stays the same… I ran and ran but it’s okay. I ate decent, not wonderful, but okay. I got a few workouts in – quick ones – but that’s okay too. It’s all better than nothing AND…. we’re joining the gym tomorrow (Sunday) YAYAYAYAY!!! Me and the girls have been wanting too but I just couldn’t fit it into my schedule so we are finally doing it! Even though it seems like there isn’t enough time in my day – I’m going to make this happen.
We got Emma’s MRI results in and found out that she HAD Tendonitis so bad and for so long that it is now Tendonosis (aka Jumper’s Knee). So we had her knee taped, she has orthotics and I was taught how to do her physical therapy which includes stretches and strengthening exercises. The exercises we will do at the gym, which will be perfect.
Emma and I are still doing the Move Nourish Believe Challenge that Fit Approach and Lorna Jane are hosting this month. It started on Feb. 3rd. This is our 2nd week. I’m happy to see Emma excited about doing the daily challenges, it’s fun. Each day is a different challenge and you post to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtags #mnbchallenge #sweatpink #LornaJane and also tag @LornaJaneActive and @FitApproach. The challenges are not too hard but still challenging. This week was “Nourish” challenges, all about food.
Here is what my 2nd week looked like:
We had a ‘meatless’ day, a smoothie day, a raw food day, a ‘food diary’ day and a ‘bring your lunch to work’ day. Please don’t look at my food diary. That was one of my really bad days. I lived off of coffee
So here’s a quick run-down of my week:
- Diet: Eating has been ooookay. I didn’t drink hardly any water so hopefully I will do better this week.
- Activity: Emma and I both did Revolt exercises this week and followed along with the Move Nourish Believe Challenge. We’ve been doing okay considering all of our running around this week. The workouts have been at the very end of the night though.
- Weight: I started at 178 and as of last week I was down to 167 – This week I didn’t lose any at all. I’m not too happy about that but I know that I wasn’t able to do as good as I wanted to so I’m just happy that I didn’t gain any.
Next Weeks Goals:
- Diet: I really need to get back on track! Hopefully more home time. I’d like to drink a ton more water, get rid of pop 100%. In general I would like to eat “better” – just meaning a good meal or two during the day and no eating past about 7pm.
- Activity: I hope to workout each day… AT THE GYM!! WooHoo!
- Weight: I guess I’d be okay with another pound or two but I’d really love to see a 3-5 lbs. loss. I expect to pick up the weight loss this week since I will be doing more physically than I have been doing the at home exercises.
Ready to join us?