Welcome to Fitness Friday 2014!
I’m teaming up with Trista from Anderson’s Angels to bring you Fitness Friday. Fitness Friday will be a weekly post where we can all write an update on how our week went concerning diet changes, exercise, weight loss or inches lost, our achievements for the week and our failures. It will also include our goals for the following week.
Each Fitness Friday post will include a linky. Everyone is welcome to join, just write a post and share anything you are comfortable sharing. We’d love if you shared our Fitness Friday Button. Feel free to add your link to the linky below, that way we can all stop by your blog and show you some love and encouragement. If you are not a blogger, feel free share your progress in the comment section below the post and we will still show you the same love and encouragement by replying to your comment.
As I’ve mentioned, I will be following the Revolt fitness program. I did this program last year and it is wonderful. The program gives you daily videos to work out with and they are quick and simple. They are exercises you can do in your own home and the only equipment you need is dumbbells or kettle bells. The program also give you a diet plan along with recipes and tells you what foods are okay to eat and which foods to stay away from. This is food that you should be eating for the rest of your life and it’s real food. This isn’t any kind of packaged food – which I love!
We also joined The Color Run. I think it will be fun for me and the girls to do this together. It won’t be in Chicago until June and it’s only a 5k. If you are interested in joining in a city near you, I have a coupon for The Color Run for any town.
- Diet: Well, this week went pretty good. I stayed away from pop more than I did last week which made it easier to drink more water. I still had a few headaches though. One thing I tried this week was not eating past 6pm which was a little hard because I was really hungry. I ate a lot of salads this week too.
- Activity: As far as exercise goes – me and the girls have been doing the Revolt exercises in the evening. We didn’t do them every night though.
- Weight: I started at 178 and lost 3 lbs. last week so I was down to 175. This week I lost 3 more so I’m down to 172. I’m still not too impressed with that, I can’t even really tell yet.
Next Weeks Goals:
- Diet: I’d like to continue staying away from carbs. and stick to the Revolt fitness program’s diet. I’d also like to continue drinking water like I did this week but hopefully get rid of pop all together. I would like to be a bit stricter with my food too. I was a little lenient with things like the type of dressing I used or the amounts.
- Activity: I’d love to be able to do the Revolt videos every single night this week because when I skip days, it hurts! I couldn’t even sit down to pee today, my legs and butt hurt so bad. I made up a ‘challenge’ calendar for me and the girls, charting our goals for crunches and squats. I’ll post it below. It’s easier than a lot of other challenges because we’re just getting started. We did okay this week, but it was hard!
- Weight: Blah. Do we need to discuss this?!? I was 175 at the start of this week and again, I only lost a measly 3 lbs. so I’m down to 172. Blah. I was hoping for more again, but oh well. Hopefully this coming week will be better. So this totals 6 lbs. and my first 10 lbs. loss is usually just water weight anyway.
We’re actually trying to do 2 to 3 sets of these. So for today we are trying to do 40 crunches and 25 squats… rest… and then try to do it again. And possibly again for a third time.