I received the products in this post for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
Like most, I’ve made some New Year’s Resolutions to become more fit and lose weight. I’ve been posting weekly Fitness Friday posts to not only hold myself accountable, but also to offer support to others. Throughout the year, I plan on trying out products that will help me along my journey to become more fit.
I teamed up with Everlast to review a heavy bag and boxing gloves because Mike has always loved boxing. I tend to look at boxing and kickboxing as a sport for men but realized it’s not. Not only is boxing great for both men and women, it’s also an activity that will workout the whole entire body.
Everlast sent me their CardioBlast Heavy Bag and Pro Style Training Boxing Gloves.
Since Mike has always loved boxing and I really wanted to learn, I thought the Everlast CardioBlast Heavy Bag was something that we would both benefit from. You might think boxing is all about arm muscles, but I’ve found out that boxing provides an awesome full body, cardio workout for both men and women.
Benefits of Boxing
- Boxing burns calories
- Shreds fat
- Aids in weight loss
- Relieves stress
- Tones body rather than building muscles
- Boxing strengthens most muscle groups including the core muscles.
- It’s FUN!
Boxing Workouts and Punches
Mike tries to do workouts that consist of 3 minutes of punching and kicks and then 1 minute of rest and he tries to do 12 “rounds”. I on the other hand, get to punching and maybe a kick or two and then I’m out of breath. I really had no idea that boxing was so hard. I could never understand how boxers got so tired. I’d yell at the TV screaming, “STOP HUGGING AND PUNCH HIM!” – and now I can stick my foot in my mouth. I am out of shape and this proves it. I have a lot to learn.
As for punches, we’ve been doing hooks (side punches), jabs (straight forward punches) and up-cuts (punches going upwards). I am pretty good at jabs but those hooks seem to hurt my back. Up-cuts I do not feel comfortable doing. Maybe on a person I would but on the bag, it feels weird. Kicks. Let’s not talk about that. I’m a fool. Mike’s awesome though.
Let me tell you more about the Everlast Heavy Bag and Pro Style Training Boxing Gloves.
CardioBlast Heavy Bag Features:
- Longer bag length (40’’) to accommodate punches, knees, and kicks.
- CardioBlast Bag combines a lightweight technical outer shell with impact dispersing stuffing for the ultimate in dynamic cardio training.
- Premium synthetic leather with reinforced webbing along with excellent heavy bag construction provides durability and functionality.
- Designed without sand bags to create softer feel for cardio and conditioning work.
- Everstrike technology is a woven, textured lightweight synthetic material engineered for maximum durability.
- Heavy Bag available in 40 LBS.
Pro Style Training Boxing Gloves Features:
- Premium synthetic leather combined with excellent construction provides lasting durability.
- Full mesh palm ensures breathability and comfort.
- Anti-microbial treatment fights offensive odors and bacterial growth.
- Improved curved anatomical grip and fit.
- Ideal for sparring, heavy bag workouts, and mitt work.
- Available in 8 OZ, 12 OZ, 14 OZ, and 16 OZ sizes.
- Available in 4 colors.
- Experience Level: 1
- With every purchase of the pink Pro Style Training Boxing Gloves, Everlast will donate $1 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation®. (Awesome, huh?!?)
Both Mike and I wear the gloves, they fit us both great even though I have really small hands and his are much bigger than mine. So far, I do not notice any kind of stink to them even though we’ve both had sweaty hands inside.
I do want to mention that the heavy bag comes with a chain that is easy to mount or hang where ever you want. In the warmer months, we are going to hang this in the garage. But it’s freezing in Chicago so we’ve got it hanging in the basement. Everlast also carries stands you can purchase for a reasonable price that hold the heavy bag up. I think we might look into getting of those soon.
Connect with Everlast:
- Whether you’re a fitness professional or a stay-at-home-mom that wants to get fit, Everlast has what you are looking for. Not only do they carry the fitness gear you need, they also carry apparel too. Visit ShopEverlast.com and peek around.
- You can find Everlast on Facebook and follow on Twitter @Everlast_
Have you ever tried boxing or kickboxing for a cardio workout?
What do you think?