HALO provided products mentioned in this post. Opinions are 100% my own.
Did you know that 80-90% of SIDS-related deaths are due to unsafe sleep practices?
HALO Puts Babies First!
For nearly 20 years HALO has been dedicated to putting babies first. HALO’s mission, Putting Babies First, means just that: putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first so they can sleep safely and comfortably with the HALO SleepSack.
HALO Innovation’s SleepSack® wearable blankets have become the standard for hospital nurseries and parents alike. In fact, 1,000 hospital nurseries use the HALO SleepSack Swaddle instead of blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.
HALO asked me to share safe sleep practices with my readers because October is SIDS Awareness Month. Of course any info that can save a life is worth passing on!
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed. I need to add here that we safely co-sleep and follow safe practices when we bed share, for example, we use bed rails and keep blankets and pillows away from baby.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface.
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
During the whole month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “Like”.
Not only that, but HALO is offering my readers one HALO SleepSack in Micro-Fleece in honor of putting babies first and SIDS Awareness Month. (Giveaway form will be at the bottom of this post)
Pictured above is the New Micro-Fleece designs from HALO. These designs come in different sizes to fit all ages of children from birth (5lbs) up to ages 4-5 or up to 50 lbs. Visit the HALO website for more information or to see all of the different colors or and prints.
HALO sent me the New Micro-Fleece Early Walker for Jack and the New Micro-Fleece Big Kid for Gracie. Unfortunately, I asked for the wrong size for Jack so his is a bit big and I don’t have a picture to show you… but Gracie’s is perfect. Although I could not get her to cooperate for a good picture, you can still see how it fits her:
As you can see, Gracie’s arms come out and the SleepSack goes all the way down to her ankles and her feet come out of the legs. It zips up the front from the top, down so the zipper does not bother her at all. It’s super soft and comfy. It keeps her warm and safe. I love this mostly because Gracie’s blankets stay on her for about 1 hour and then her blanket ends up on the floor. With her Micro-Fleece HALO SleepSack, she stay warm all night.
I love HALO’s SleepSacks for Jack because he sleeps with us and we do not cover him with a blanket. I want to keep him from over heating, but I am also worried that he is chilly… but when he’s wearing a HALO SleepSack, I know he’s comfortable – and safe!
You can visit HaloSleep.com for more information and so see all the different prints they have and you can also find HALO on Facebook and Twitter @HaloSleepSack. Check out #HALOSleepSack on Twitter and Instagam too!
Are you ready to win a New Micro-Fleece HALO SleepSack?
It’s super easy to enter, just fill out the form below. You only have to complete the first entry. Any extra entries you complete will give you a better chance of winning.
GOOD LUCK!a Rafflecopter giveaway