We’ve had a pretty good year for vacationing and traveling. We started in February by going to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark which is only about 2 hours away from our home, and then we did a few more weekend getaways. In June we drove from Illinois down to Florida and spent a full two weeks on the road. We visited Rock City in Georgia, we stayed on Sanibel Island, Florida and then visited Disney World… and a bunch in between. After June, we were exhausted and wanted to stay put for a while. We are getting ready to visit Castle Rock Resort and WaterPark in Missouri but we’re not sure if we are going to do that before this year ends or wait until next year. I think it would make a good vacation over Thanksgiving or Christmas time.
We’ve talked a lot about where we’d like to go over the next few years with the kids and which places we might try for this upcoming year. Our main issue is that a lot of the places we’d like to visit would require a plane ride… and that’s a problem. Mike and I are both afraid to fly. We wonder if someday we might get the courage to do it because of these places we’d like to visit.
Here’s Our Bucket List (in no particular order):
- California: We’d love to visit Alcatraz and visit the west coast beaches! The weather has to be amazing!
- The East Coast in General: We’d love to visit all of the history Boston, Salem, Pennsylvania for all of the Gettysburg stuff – I think this would be a great history lesson for the kids!
- North or South Carolina – because we want to scope out the area for possible relocation. We’d love to vacation in the Myrtle Beach area.
- Arizona – we’d love to hike though the Grand Canyon!
- Louisiana – New Orleans would be awesome!
- Islands – Not sure where though. We’ve thought about the Cayman Islands, Bahamas, Hawaii, Islands off of Florida and we’re open for suggestions because we’re so clueless.
- African Safari – I think this would be an amazing experience for the kids! I’ve checked out Tanzania safari holidays online and I am in love with the pictures. The kids would love this, and so would Mike!
- Australia – I’d love to go backpacking through for a few weeks!
- Italy – because that’s where our ancestors come from on my side, and Mike loves everything Italian… and even thinks he is sometimes haha!
- Costa Rica – I’ve very interested in this place. I’d love to look into purchasing vacation property here!
- Switzerland. I don’t know why haha… it just sounds like an interesting place.
So yeah, there are quite a few places we’ll need to fly to. We’ll have to come to terms with that one of these days! We’d miss out on so much if not.
What’s on your family vacation bucket list for the upcoming years?