Gamers – what’s your favorite headset?
My husband and son love playing online games like Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on the PS3, Xbox360 and computer. Unfortunately, I do not like hearing them play these games because it’s noisy and frankly, annoying. Of course, I’m sure that’s because I am a mom but this is one reason I love wireless gaming headsets. The boys can do their thing and I don’t have to hear it haha.
I was fortunate enough to review the Logitech Wireless Headset F540 back in October of last year. We loved this wireless headset and easily became Logitech fans. We were very interested in trying another Logitech wireless headset, but this time one for the computer games rather than the PS3 or Xbox 360 game systems. The Logitech Wireless Headset F540 ended up sticking with my hubby so we really wanted to find one my son could appreciate as he plays computer games also.
Logitech sent us the G930 Wireless Gaming Headset to use and try out… and once again, Logitech did not disappoint.
Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset Features:
- Dolby Headphone 7.1 surround sound – Hear up to seven discrete channels of audio data plus the Low Frequency Effects (LFE) channel—known as 7.1 surround sound. Dolby Headphone technology perceptually positions each channel in the correct location to reproduce multi-channel content the way developers intended. This creates an immersive 360-degree sound field that lets you hear what you can’t see.
- 2.4 GHz wireless – Our proprietary wireless technology is up to 38% faster than Bluetooth® technology, so you won’t experience any delayed audio. And it can automatically hop between frequencies to keep the signal clear and strong.
- Three programmable G-keys – Conveniently placed on the left earpiece, you’ve got one-touch control over in-game elements like music, voice morphing and more. Each control is customizable with easy-to-use Logitech Gaming Software.
- Auto-mute, folding noise-cancelling mic. – Putting the microphone in an upright position automatically mutes it.
- 10-hour battery – depending on circumstances.
- Mute light – A glowing red indicator light provides a visual cue to your audio status and keeps you informed when the mic is muted.
Okay, not my thoughts… but rather, Austin and Mike’s thoughts haha.
Austin’s favorite things about the Logitech G930 Gaming Headset was the surround sound and the comfort. He said when he played Call of Duty Black Ops 2, he said he could hear the footsteps coming from behind him and all the shots and grenades going off and he could find his enemies before they could find him. He said the comfort of this headset is amazing and better than his other headsets. Mike tried the G930 Gaming Headset on and was also amazed with the comfort and sound quality. He said the surround sound is fantastic.
Personally, I love the headset because I do not have to hear the boys game systems. I am tolerant for quite a while but the popping of the guns gets annoying after a while. With the Logitech G930 Gaming Headset, the boys can have their games up on a super high level and I don’t have to be bothered by the noise.
Thanks once again Logitech! This mama won’t be goin’ cray-cray anytime soon!
You can currently purchase the Logitech G930 Gaming Headset for $159.99. Like I said, this gaming headset if for computer games. If you’re looking for a gaming headset for the Xbox360 or PS3 then check out the Logitech Wireless Headset F540.
Be sure to find Logitech on Facebook too!
Does your husband or son use gaming headsets or do you get stuck listening to them play their games?