14 responses

1. Tethered Mommy
    June 14, 2012

Hey, if it still works, no need to buy new! That set is beautiful and I want the minky for a brand new seat that I’m buying soon! LOL

2. Kristen D
    June 14, 2012

Cute!! However, I’m wondering- are they approved by Graco? I don’t want to start an uproar, but adding aftermarket things to your car seat can void the warranty. They can even make the car seat unsafe :-/

3. Danielle @ We Have It All
    June 14, 2012

Hmmm… good question! I’m going to have to look into that! Thank you 🙂

4. Debby@Just Breathe
    June 14, 2012

It’s perfect. What a great way to change it up!

5. Danielle @ We Have It All
    June 14, 2012

I did find this on the Carseat Canopy Website:

“Warranty: We can not be held liable in the event that our product voids the warranty of your car seat, if you have any questions about our product voiding your car seat warranty, please read the warranty paperwork or call the car seat manufacturer.”

• Kristen D
      June 14, 2012

I’m a car seat fanatic. Not as extreme as others, but the question of warranty ALWAYS is on the top of my mind whenever I see something that is made for car seats. You know those totally cute strap covers you can put on so that your baby doesn’t get burned from the straps? Yeah, I even called my car seats company over those to make sure. I’m just too chicken to take chances. I know the car seat warranty wont cover the cost of the accident, but at least I know that I can get a replacement seat if it’s damaged.
      Chances are, if the website says that, then they aren’t approved. Call Graco up. They may give you a whole new set for free if you let them know that you are in need of boy colors!
      (I’m glad you didn’t see me as being rude. I always seem to come across that way. I’m just a worried mom! :-p)

• Danielle @ We Have It All
      June 14, 2012

@Kristen D: I am a car seat fanatic when it comes to extended rear facing and 5 pt harnesses as long as possible. I just never really knew about this end of it. The grey minky goes directly on top of the original seat and it is so thin and light that I didn’t even think twice about it. I would not be concerned about the warranty but I would be concerned about the fire retardant for sure. I am planning on calling just to see how much a new cover would cost. And NO!!! I did not think you were being rude at all – mostly because that’s probably how I sound about extended rear facing 🙂 It’s just something that I am passionate about!

• Kristen D
      June 14, 2012

LOL Then it’s fate that we understand each other 😉 Glad I was able to inform you about that. If you lived closer to me, I’d more than gladly give you the car seat we were using for our daughter. I just bought a new one (Graco MyRide65) and no longer need the SnugRide35 we were using. I’m thinking of seeing if I can find a local family that’s in need of a car seat for their little one.
      As for ERF, I never even thought of it with my older 2 (now 9 and 5), but do plan on keeping my youngest (9 months) rear facing as long as possible.
      By the way, your daughter? ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on the new baby-to-be. Boys are fun!!

• Danielle @ We Have It All
      June 14, 2012

Aww thanks Kristen! Ok, first of all… go to freecycle.org and see if there are any groups in your area or your surrounding area! I give all of my baby things away to people who truly need them through freecycle. And second of all, it’s my turn: PLEASE read my post on extended rear facing: http://www.wedonthaveitall.com/2012/01/extended-rear-facing-car-seats-debate.html
      and pass it along if you can. Very important! My daughter is 3.5 and still RF. Sounds crazy, but like they say, “broken leg = cast it, broken neck = casket”.

• Kristen D
      June 16, 2012

I don’t like our local Freecycle. I gave an older car seat away there (not expired. Mom just needed it to take baby home from hospital) When I got there, she was all dressed up in nice, fancy clothes. House was nice. Name brand everything. I turned around and left with the same seat. Needless to say, it was a scam and left me with a bad taste.
      I will DEFINITELY read that post. I was watching a video on YouTube of a little boy who broke his neck because he was FF (18 months old- joelsjourney.org) I passed that video along to a friend who has her 14 month old FF because she wasn’t sure if she was comfortable with keeping him RF. I think I may have changed her mind. Thanks for your great posts!

6. Laura Grace Andry
    June 14, 2012

That looks great and super soft too!

7. Shell Fruscione
    June 14, 2012

Aww I hope it turns out to be safe because it’s SO cute!! &I bet it’d be SO soft for baby boy!

8. Stacie
    June 19, 2012

I had no idea you could even order such a thing. Very cool and much less expensive than replacing everything that you already had.

9. Ashley Suzanne
    June 19, 2012

So adorable and I think that it is safe as long as you still have the original pieces. After all you just re-covered it, and not taken out the straps?! LOL.