Parents Beware of Lithium Button Batteries: 2 Hours Before Battery Starts Burning Through Your Child!

Occasionally I stumble upon “child dangers” on the news or in articles, so I share. This is one I have not heard of before, so I definitely wanted to share!!
PARENTS!
WARNING!
YOUR CHILD CAN SWALLOW THESE BUTTON BATTERIES
and
These Button Batteries Start Burning Through the Esophagus in about 2 Hours!image
The battery is swallowed but gets stuck in the throat and then burns a hole in the esophagus.
According to the National Capital Poison Center, there are 3500 cases reported every year of children swallowing these lithium button batteries.
There has been 9 deaths in the past 6 years
These button batteries are found in common household items:
  • The new popular musical greeting cards that sing
  • Calculators
  • Scales
  • Thermometers
  • Remote controls
62% of children that swallow these batteries get them directly out of the product.
Dead batteries may not power the product but they can still pose the same risk to the child.
Unless you are positively sure that the child swallowed the battery, this is very hard to diagnose because the symptoms mimic the flu:
  • vomiting
  • fever
  • cough
  • lack of appetite
There is only about a 2 hour window of time between the time of ingestion and when the battery starts burning through the esophagus.
***Please Pass on this Info to Any Parent that You Know or Other Caregivers like Grandparents or Childcare Providers***

Comments

  1. Wow! I had no idea they were in so many things. Thank you for sharing this important message.

  2. Thanks for stopping by following u back

  3. I had no idea, thanks for the warning!!

  4. Thank You for the reminder!

Speak Your Mind

*


FitFluential Is Fitness Found
Business 2 BloggerUSFamilyGuide.com Boba Ambassador Double Duty Divas